Monday, September 19, 2005

Forbidden Error

Who knows what happened? Regardless, no one, not even me, can access my old blog.

In case it ever comes back and you can't see how forbidden it is anymore, the message reads:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /the_love_project on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Life finds me (forbidden) dealing well with my grandmother's loss, and my family trudging along with equal resilience. You might also find me not vacuuming regularly, eating occasional community dinners with a small group of teachers, grading seventy notebooks over the weekend, cleaning Radar's ears, not washing my dishes regularly, dealing with rude eighth graders. Giving lunch detentions. Writing office referrals.

Call me the Punisher.

You might also find me right on the brink of becoming exceedingly happy. After months of hair twisting and near panic, Lover landed himself a very late admission to a school right here in the States that will occupy him only for a year or so. So, no Egypt or Syria or Jordan for the time being, and we'll actually see each other in the interim.

I wish I weren't so happy about it, though. It's astonishing how much I want this person to be near me. I pride myself on my ability to be patient, but my impatience to be with him borders on being shameful.

At least we're starting to talk about the What Happens Next. Just the thought that I might potentially get to be an old person right next to him makes me feel like I'm a buxom woman on a windy day on the cover of a tattered romance novel, my satin dress falling from my shoulders like impossibility.

Now, back to grading, and away from the forbidden...

2 comments:

Steve said...

I'm glad you're back! I was worried. I sent you Urgent Email.

Greta and Waddles! said...

I consulted my multiple personality, and she can't remember whether she's hosting a blog or not. I think the new video surveillance in my apartment will turn up whether that other blog is actually mine (or my other personality, Annette, as the case may be).

Stay tuned!