Sunday, October 23, 2005

Cleansing Ritual

Often, I need to drown in my sadnesses a little before I get back to the air.

At least I have a quiet place in the country to live. And at least I have a stove to heat it.

And the closest neighbors are quiet.

At least I have a sweet little dog to play fetch with every hour of every day.

I have a family who loves me. A long future ahead of me with a man who even continents away makes me glad to be alive (if not every hour of the day, most of them). I have the ability to choose the shape of my life, even if I'm not always sure what shape I'd like for that to be.

I feel better. Sorry for the sorrow-fest earlier.

And now, to throw a tennis ball for the aforementioned canine.

1 comment:

Greta and Waddles! said...

Sster--Thank you. I wish you could be here, too, or that I were with you.

It's a little better today. (Writing some poems to get the mess out of my system.)

Zerolio--Darlingest, no digital camera. Just photos put onto disks by the handy CVS pharmacy people. Soon, soon.