Thursday, February 01, 2007

The Wrong Frequency

I am not making this up. I swear.

Since I moved to Virginia, I've been frustrated by my inability to set my radio alarm clock to a station that I could actually hear. I would get strange weather reports from New Jersey, muffled with static.

Sometimes, R&B hits. Sometimes, classics from the seventies.

All this, without ever changing the channel.

Quite frankly, it disturbed me.

Last week, when I woke up, I looked at the clock and realized that it had been set to AM instead of FM. For a year and a half.

I flipped the switch, and the sound came through clearly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AM: the last bastion of Republicans without satellite radio.

Greta and Waddles! said...

Funny thing--I don't remember anything that sounded particularly Republican.

Unless most Republicans these days are sounding incomprehensible and muffled.

Oh. Wait...

Adiv said...

That is sad...at least you live in a part of the country where you had a better than even chance of not getting a mariachi music station.